So if you have a Trader Joe's in your area I'm sure you've had this happen to you... You walk in to get the same stuff you bought every time. You walk to the shelf where it usually is and hmm... maybe things are moved around? "Where is -blank-" you ask someone. "Oh we don't carry that anymore." "*@&#^@*&#^@*&#" you think. Alright so my favorite ever 3 bean salad has been gone from Trader Joe's for-ever. At least a long while. This was one of my staple foods - just smash it up and toss with pasta. Boom! Ya got lunch.
Now I have to do slightly more work and make my own bean salad. There are some bonuses here though : no extra pointless oil swimming about, I control the freshness, and its easy. I'm still pissed about the 3 bean salad though, TJs!
3 Bean Salad
3 cans beans (cannellini, garbanzo, pinto - you could also use red kidney beans!)
1/2 c. chopped red onion
4 cloves garlic, minced fine
1/4 c. chopped flat leaf parsley
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
1 TBSP. fresh thyme (1 tsp dried)
1 TBSP. fresh oregano (1 tsp dried)
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Drain and rinse the 3 cans of beans.
- Mix everything together in a large container/
- Store the covered container in the fridge for an hour or so to let the flavors meld together. Even longer is good!
- Stir up the salad before serving. Enjoy
- (It tastes really good over hot pasta! Just smash up some of the beans... mmmm!)