I just made this awesome little taco on the fly to share with a friend -
You like tacos? You like avocado? Boo-yah. Leave out the jalapeno if you can't hang.
The bean and corn mixture is lightly seasoned so the sauce stands out. The sauce is boss here.
(The sauce is badass. Eat it on anything. Burritos, a sandwich, corn chips, whatever..)
Black Bean and Corn Tacos with Avocado Sauce
a package of corn tortillas (I don't know how many you'll use.. depends on how much you stuff em!)
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup corn (thawed if frozen)
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 of a ripe avocado
1/2 c. cilantro
3 cloves garlic
juice of one lime
1/3 - 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh if you can!)
1 jalapeno (seeded - you can also just leave it out if you can't handle the heat.)
big pinch of salt
garnish: chopped onion, cilantro, chopped tomato, wedges of lime
- Get a saute pan out and put it over high heat. Throw in the corn, chili powder and cumin. You want to get the corn nice and toasted... browned in some places even.
- Meanwhile throw the avocado, cilantro, lime and orange juice, and jalapeno in your food processor or blender. Blend up until smooth. Taste and add salt accordingly. Set aside.
- Once the corn is toasty add in the beans and heat.
- Heat up your corn tortillas.
- Put the bean and corn mixture on top of the tortillas and top with some sauce.
- Squeeze some lime juice over it and eat up!