I KNOW, you guys. Massaged kale salad ain't nothin' new. But this is my FAVORITE ever. The dressing is practically drinkable. You can pour it over everything - we had some on pasta and on top of roasted veggies. If you don't love kale (you will one day) you should at least try making this dressing for your next salad, baked potato, bean and rice bowl, burrito, tropical getaway... whatever!
I've used a minimal amount of tahini here because that stuff is almost pure fat. The good thing about it is that it is very flavorful so you only need a tiny bit!
(And check it out, I'm totally in love with this coloring page. Could it be any cuter?!)
Garlic Miso Tahini Dressing
over massaged kale
(about 4 servings of salad - 8 servings of dressing)
1/4 c. white or yellow miso
1/4 c. orange juice (fresh is best!)
2 TBSP. tahini
(or soy sauce)
2 TBSP. nutritional yeast
1/4 c. water
5 cloves garlic
2 TBSP. apple cider vinegar
1 large bunch of kale
- Put the first 8 ingredients into a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Wash your kale, remove the tough stems and tear into bite size pieces.
- Massage the kale with your fingers until it begins to soften and break down. (Get rough with it!)
- Smother your massaged kale with approximately 1/2 of the dressing. (More or less to taste!)
- Store remaining dressing in the fridge. Enjoy!