Oozy gooey sauce
flows over corn chips into
my awaiting mouth.
It has been one of those days. Which words could describe but it would be unbearable to most people. Instead, I give you a gift: Nacho Cheese Sauce. Make that Vegan and Nut Free Nacho Cheese Sauce.
You can watch a video of me making the nacho cheese sauce here:
Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 c. roasted red pepper
- 1/2 of a 4oz can roasted jalapeno (or pickled, or 1/2 fresh jalapeno!)
- 1/2 c. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 TBSP. tahini
- 1 TBSP. miso paste (white, yellow or red)
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6oz (about 1/2 cup) silken tofu (such as Mori-nu Soft Silken Tofu)
- 1 c. soy milk
- 1/2 c. water
- Blend all of the ingredients together until very smooth, Start with half the can of jalapeno and then add more if you feel like you need to. (We used the whole can for our first batch and our faces were burning!)
- Cook over medium-high heat until nice and thick. Stir the whole time so it does not burn.
- Enjoy over EVERYTHING - chips especially but I also had some on some rice and over some grits for breakfast. Yum!