It's pear season here in the beautiful Northwest and we are LOVING IT! There are several places around us where we can go pick pears, apples, and many other fruits. My daughter LOVES IT! Anyway I canned pears, ate a ton of pears and now I have turned some into a lovely syrup. It is spiced with cinnamon and whole vanilla beans. It's good on pancakes, drizzled onto muffins, in tea, and really good mixed with some club soda!! Hey and it's really easy too. Oh oh oh and it makes an impressive last minute gift. So what are you waiting for?! Let's do it!
1 pear, seeds removed and chopped up
2 vanilla beans, split
1 TBSP. cinnamon
1 c. water
1 c. sugar
- Bring all of the ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil until the pears are soft (5-10 minutes)
- Stir occasionally while boiling.
- Take off the heat and let cool.
- Puree in a blender and pour into your container of choice.
- Keep in the refrigerator!