Pasta, my love, you and I are eternal. I will always come back to for nothing but death itself can separate us! (I've been reading a lot. In my head my voice turns into that of the author's and then I start to talk like it's 150 years ago!)
How about this: If you don't like pasta BUG OFF!
So for this one imagine sweet roasted garlic with tangy lemon covering some hearty whole wheat pasta and nutty roasted cauliflower. How many adjectives do I need to use to get you to try this? Get out your parchment paper and let's ROLL!
(It's that orange cauliflower you sometimes see.. I couldn't help but buy it!)
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta
with lemon and roasted garlic
12 oz whole wheat pasta
1 head cauliflower, cut into 1 inch florets
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
1 TBSP. lemon zest
1/4 c. toasted bread crumbs
1/2 c. chopped parsley
1 head of garlic, separated into cloves
2 TBSP. miso
- Preheat oven to 425º (218ºC)
- Roast cauliflower florets and garlic cloves on a parchment lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes. (Stir everything at 10 minutes.)
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain but reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water and set aside. Put the drained pasta back into the pot.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skin and chop (or mash) finely.
- Stir the miso into the reserved water and pour over the pasta.
- Stir in all of the remaining ingredients.
- Serve up and enjoy!