Okay, so I have a problem. I LOVE chocolate. LOVE LOVE LOVE. It's only a problem because well.. it tends to be really high in the fat/sugar department and because my lovely Mr. is allergic and gets jealous. He knows how lovely it is.
That's okay, I'll have these and he can have the
! Plus I'm working on a lot of other lovely creations that both of us (and you!) can indulge in.
Like the last pudding this is a mix of silken tofu and some other yummy things. I added in both cocoa powder and chocolate chips. It's SO tasty. It kind of reminds me of chocolate mousse but without that feeling that you just ingested 1000 calories. It is much more rich than the orange pudding but sometimes we need a little treat like this, right?!
Oh yeah and let me tell you a little secret - it was AMAZING with raspberries. Perfect. Fantastic. You can use fresh or thawed frozen berries. The tartness mixed with the creaminess of the pudding and the sweetness of the chocolate.. oh it was divine.
Guess what! This dessert is also easy to make and very quick to whip up. You only need a few ingredients and you're good to go. The hardest part about this is waiting for it to set up in the refrigerator for a while. I think you can handle it though, right? (Or just sneak some before it's ready...)
* Using SILKEN tofu is a MUST here. You cannot substitute regular tofu for this. It will taste bad.
* You can use whatever kind of vegan chocolate chips you have on hand. I haven't tried it with carob chips yet because I JUST thought of it but I'm going to and then I'll update you. I have a feeling it will be tasty!
Vegan Double Chocolate Pudding
- 12oz (about 1 cup) silken tofu (such as Mori-nu Soft Silken Tofu)
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (it takes about 45 seconds to melt them) or over a double boiler. Pour the melted chocolate and remaining ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until very smooth. Pour into serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
Nutritional information per serving
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
5 WWPointsPlus, 174 calories, 9g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 19.7g carbohydrates, 0.5g fiber, 16.4g sugar, 5.6g protein