Every day I make lunch for the Mr. (Okay, except today muahahahha!) But seriously it has come to my attention that eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches may not be the most interesting thing every single day. I don't know. He didn't say that. I just thought that. Of course he eats virtually the same breakfast everyday (oatmeal - not my thing.)
These are so super easy that you can throw them together in the morning with just a few sips of coffee. And the flavors get better after a couple of hours so it just tastes better by lunch time!
I like to use my favorite plant strong mayo with these to keep them healthy. And the wraps in the pictures are Whole Wheat and Corn from Trader Joe's. They are my favorite tortilla EVER. Super hearty and really simple ingredients. I get so frustrated when trying to buy things like tortillas and all of them have 10+ ingredients, 8 of them being non-essential chemicals. So if you haven't tried them yet I suggest you grab a package of them the next time you're at TJ's.
Curried Chickpea Wraps
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained
- 1.5 teaspoon mild curry powder (or use a hot powder if you like it spicy!)
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard (or whatever mustard you have)
- 2 Tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (my favorite recipe is HERE)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds (optional)
- 4 tortillas for wraps (use gluten free if you need to!)
- spinach, lettuce or arugula
In a large bowl mash up the chickpeas with a fork. Add all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the tortillas and spinach. Mix together until thoroughly combined. Warm up the tortillas to soften them up and add in the some of the chickpea mixture and greens. Roll up and enjoy!