With cherry season in full swing here we have been eating out fair share and now I've figured out how to drink them for breakfast too! This no-sugar-added drink is super filling what with the oats and chia seeds.
Chocolate Cherry Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup pitted frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1-2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- a few ice cube - optional but recommended
Blend it all up until smooth! I just use the "smoothie" button my Blendtec which I just love! If you don't have a high speed blender you may want to blend up your oats and chia seeds first so they get incorporated in better.