In case you were wondering, yes, overnight oats is my all time favorite breakfast. It's so easy, so delicious and so satisfying that I make it pretty much every day right now. It's the PERFECT thing for me to eat before going to the gym in the morning. I also throw one into the Mr.'s lunch because it's a perfect snack for him (yes, my meal is his snack!)
And calling it PIE just makes me that much more happy. Delicious healthy vegan plant strong breakfast pie. Yeah, I can live with that!
If you this this one sounds good don't forget about all of the other overnight oats I've posted so far : Peanut Butter and Chocolate Overnight Oats Parfait , Chocolate Covered Strawberry Overnight Oats, Almond Berry Overnight Oats , Double Chocolate Berry Overnight Oatmeal Parfait, and Mango Lassi Overnight Oats Parfait! And don't think I'm done yet because this girl just got started! Yeah!!
Sweet Potato Pie Overnight Oatmeal Parfait
makes 1 big serving!
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato (here's how I cook mine in the slow cooker!)
- 1 & 1/4 cup soy, almond, or oatmilk (or your favorite non dairy milk) - divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (use a whole nutmeg and a microplane grater! Of course if you can't find those use the freshest preground stuff you can find!)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds (Nutvia Organic Chia Seeds are my favorite. I can sometimes find them at Costco too!)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (optional but totally recommended!)
- 2 Tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
Blend up the mashed sweet potato, 1/2 cup soy or almond milk, cinnamon and nutmeg with an immersion blender or regular blender (even a food processor will work!) Put this mixture in a container and chill overnight.
In another container (I usually use a wide mouth mason jar) mix 3/4 cup soy or almond milk, rolled oats, chia seeds and vanilla extract together. Add stevia to taste. Put this mixture in the refrigerator overnight to thicken up (it takes at least a couple of hours so you can really do this any time.)
In the morning layer the oats and sweet potato mixture in a container. Top with the chopped pecans and maple syrup! Enjoy!