January 08, 2014 January 08, 2014/ Morgan
This is a recipe that I use all of the time and I find myself going to my Plant Strong (oil & margarine free) Biscuit Recipe to check the ingredients. I figured it was time that this recipe got it’s own post! You can use it in baking, as a sandwich spread, or even on the outside of the bread to make a grilled sandwich! Yum! We use it as a sandwich filling with some mashed up chickpeas and spices. It’s such an easy lunch to pack into the Mr.’s bag in the morning!
Why should you use this instead of Vegenaise? It’s SO MUCH HEALTHIER! And it’s still tastes great. And it’s cheaper!
- 12oz (about 1 cup) silken tofu (such as Mori-nu Soft Silken Tofu)
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared yellow or dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 drops of liquid stevia (or 1/4 teaspoon sugar)
Blend together until very smooth. Keep in an airtight container (preferably glass) in the refrigerator for up to a week.