October 12, 2012 October 12, 2012/ Morgan Eccleston
Sure I could have just given you the recipe then. It’s easy as heck and hardly a recipe at all. I don’t even tell you how MANY potatoes exactly to use.. (As many as you want!!!!!) But I wanted to draw something for it so I guess I’m selfish. Anyway – these baked potato chips are PERFECT for dipping. They are thick enough to really hold up to the abuse. And let me just tell ya that your heart and arse are going to thank you for the total and complete lack of fat (Other than what naturally occurs in potatoes [and before you freak, fat is in vegetables and fruit in small amounts – not just potatoes!] – about 0.2 grams per 150 gram sized potato. Along with about 4 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber!) Anyway enough of that stuff – these are TASTY and a perfect snack by my standards. Eat with abandon!
Click here to download the Potato Chip Recipe and Coloring Page!
Oven Baked Potato Chips
potatoes – russet, gold or red (as many as you want! I ate 3 gold potatoes by myself easy. I was hungry!)
seasonings: salt, pepper, herbs (rosemary is awesome!), nutritional yeast, cayenne, salt- free seasoning, etc.. get creative!
- Preheat your oven to 425º (218º C)
- Scrub your potatoes and slice to 1/8″ thick (about 3 mm)
- Throw your potato slices into a bowl of water and let soak for 10-15 minutes. (This pulls out some starches and helps them crisp up more.)
- Take slices out and dry thoroughly (use a paper towel or lint free kitchen towel.)
- Line up your potato slices on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip your chips over and rotate your pans. Cook 10-15 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with any seasoning you desire!
October 12, 2012/ Morgan Eccleston/