March 06, 2013 March 06, 2013/ Morgan
So I’m at it again with the sauces.. this time a tzatziki! ave you had it before? It’s such a lovely and refreshing dip/sauce. It’s a creamy sauce with herbs, cucumber and even a bit of cheesy something or other. I used some of the Tofu Feta (from last week) and it is to die for delicious!
I really made it because I will be showing you how to make some yummy vegan gyros tomorrow and this is THE topping for any gyro. It’s also great on salads and as a dip for pita chips.
This is super easy to throw together on a short notice. You can make it ahead of time as well because the flavors just seem to get better when they are left to mingle together in the refrigerator.
8 – 1/4 cup servings
- 6oz (about 1/2 cup) silken tofu (such as Mori-nu Soft Silken Tofu)
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon miso (I used white or yellow in this one)
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- Tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated with a microplane
- 1/4 cup tofu feta
- 1 cup cucumber, quartered and sliced thin (I used my mandoline)
Blend together the silken tofu, soy milk, lemon juice, and miso until very smooth using either a standing blender or immersion blender.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Taste to check for seasoning (you may want some salt or pepper)
Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. It gets even better overnight!
Nutritional information per serving : Serving size: 1/4 cup
0 WWPointsPlus (1/2 cup is 1 point), 25 calories, 0.6g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1.4g carbohydrates, 0.1g fiber, 0.3g sugar, 2.2g protein
March 06, 2013/ Morgan/